Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 1, 2011

DIY Fabric Rosettes and More!


Have you been like me and just loved on those adorable fabric roses and wanted to make some of your own? Well today wait no longer! I have no idea if this is the correct way but it worked for me and so I will pass it on to you. FYI ...you will need these lil darlings for our next project too~
Cut some strips of fabric about the width and length of your yard stick.
Fold it over and pin along your strip of fabric.
After you have your strip all set start at the end and roll it up snug. As you go you will want to run your needle and thread into the center to hold your rosette together.
As you go round and round with your strip just run your needle into the center ....repeat as you roll ...
Dont worry about your under side..no one will see it so it can be a bit messy.
As you come to the end you will start getting looser and looser with your folds.
I even allowed the fold of fabric to open and fray a bit.
At the end of your strip just fold over the end and sew to the bottom of your rosette
You can see here how I started out snug in the middle and by the end I had nice loose folds.
I dont think there is ever a right or wrong way when it's made from the heart~
      I will be using these rosettes real soon....stay tuned!    Ps..sweet commentors...please excuse my absence in returning comments these last few days. On top of the upcoming show my daughter decided it would be a nice time to get sick. So instead of blogging I have been loving on my sweet one. Im sure you understand and know that I will get right back to you as soon as I can. Miss chatting with all of you~

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét